Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas...

... is finally over and I couldn't be happier this year. Anyone that knows me knows I'm pretty festive about the holidays what with cards & candy but this year was a bitch to handle. So here's how it went down... I lost my job back in October but through no fault of my own. I've steadily been receiving unemployment since then, should tell you a lot. So, since then I enjoyed a great 7 day vacation on a cruise with my wonderful boyfriend and been looking for a job.

You see, I was with my company for 4 years... FOUR YEARS!!! And out of the blue, I'm not good enough for the company. But whatever, that's history now. They did me a favor. I know there's a better opportunity out there for me especially with my degree waiting on me :)

So anyway, since Christmas 2004 I haven't felt the same about the holidays... Losing my Grammy in March 2005 didn't make that any better. I had promised her that I would take her to Chapel Hill so she could see the Nativity Event they hold in the solarium but her cancer had progressed so severely, that was impossible to do. So, she knew it would be her last Christmas so she tried her best to live out the rest of her life on a positive note. But it was always her 'thing' to deck out the house with lights and play Christmas music... she always had presents for everyone no matter how little she had... She really was the best.

I never did get the chance to make good on that promise to her...

Meh.. call me sappy but damnit this has been bothering me for YEARS! Which always tends to put a damper on my plans... I don't know how to change it and I'll be damned if I go 'talk' to someone about it. Like they would be able to level. But I guess I'll figure it out later.

Anywho, didn't get the chance to see my Dad this year... He was out of town.. the rest of my family is up north and there's no way you could pay me to spend a holiday out there. It was rather sad... I mean sure! I had my hunny's family & friends to hang with but there's something about having your own family in touch with you around that time of the year... and then they wonder why I get mad.

To top things off, my 'best friend' decided she is going to be mad at me because I 'declined' an invite to go to a get together... First and foremost, I am NOT the type of person to decline an invite to be with my friends unless something was seriously wrong. Mind you, I had explained ALL of this LONG before the invite was extended... conveniently forgot I guess. But I find it a bitch that someone could turn their back on you over something like that when I've done EVERYTHING to help make things easier for them. I've never asked for anything in return. EVER. Nice to know when you're there for your friends, they aren't there for you.

So... this has basically turned into a sappy bitching session but you know what!?!? I feel hella better. Of course it's not a cure all but it helped. So on the up side... I'm still steady looking for a new position and actually had a all back last week. I hope this works out. The most positive thing I can look forward to is my boyfriend's smiling face everyday. He has been there for me for at least a year an a few months now... He's like the epitome of happiness and always on my level. Okay, I'll go ahead and cut it short here.. until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Well then, I guess my concerns about your where your head was this weekend were warranted.
    Trust, now, that I wanted to do all I could to make it right, but it appears that there was nothing I could do in this particular case. Know, however, that outside of the one (or two if you count it -- I don't) issue, my weekend was okay, we got to kick it with the family and it's been said time and again that you're us now. Not just by me, but also at the unsolicited word of those who grew up with me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers